Friday 19 August 2011

Rainbows

Well today is classed as a good day.
Me the kids and James went to the forbidden corner and it was great, really enjoyed it.....on the way back we decided to drive through my old childhood hometown of Thirsk, I suggested we got out and have a mooch about, all was going great until we decided to have fish and chips....they are the best from Thirsk.
Just outside the chippy deciding what to buy when someone shouts "claire" I turned round and this woman came striding over....I couldnt place her...she put her arm around my shoulder and gave me a squeeze and explained she knew Emma.....well unfortuantely I was really rude to her, not because I wanted to be but because so far I had managed to laugh and enjoy the day then this stranger comes over and makes this dark cloud descend over me once more. Luckily for me she took the hint and then a man walking into the chippy tripped on the step and fell and I had to walk away because I was laughing so much.
But then is this worse....eating fish and chips in the middle with the kids and my Uncle Mark and Aunty Claire walk past, just a hello and no inquiry how any of us are doing...I wanted to scream "she was your niece!" Twats!!
Afterwards we went to my mums in Easingwold, this was my real childhood home, sharing and swapping bedrooms was a weekly occurance....mostly nobody wanted to share with me lol. Dad has flagged and gravelled his little front garden and we are turning it into Emmas garden for the kids to plant pots up....I am going to get some spring flowering bulbs for it. I have already got some solar lights and a windmill.
Mum was busy making an Eton Mess for her pudding so me james and the kids scoffed what was left we had a brew then I went upstairs with mum. She showed me some things she had kept of Emmas and also Emmas ashes, I am thinking maybe to bring them home for a while...she always enjoyed stopping here.
Harvey was firing lots of questions to me and my mum about Emma and well it was nice.
In the car on the way back I felt a little teary but then 2 rainbows appeared and the kids were mesmerized....so was I to be honest with you...and instead of tears a smile crept on my face and I thought, thank-you Emma it was just what we needed to see a little beauty and a little magic.
Thank-you Emma xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment